Numbers are not only just
to use in mathematics but they denote something more too --
Six Branches of Ved
(1) Shikshaa (Phonetics), (2) Vyaakaran
(Grammar), (3) Chhand (Prosody), (4) Nirukt (Etymology), (5) Jyotish
(Astronomy), (6) Kalp (Rituals)
There are six Chakra in a human body where six lotuses bloom, They are:
(1) Moolaadhaar Chakra - Gudaa Mandal (Anus) Chakra, (yellow color lotus with four petals
(2) Swaadhishthaan Chakra - in the root of the penis, (red color lotus with six petals)
(3) Manipur Chakra - in the root of navel, (blue color lotus with ten petals)
(4) Anaahat Chakra - in heart, (golden color lotus with twelve petals)
(5) Vishuddh Chakra - in neck, (red color lotus with sixteen petals)
(6) Aagyaa Chakra - in the center of eye brows, (white color lotus with two petals)
The seventh lotus, the white color lotus, is in the head of the human being,
which has thousand petals and on that Lord Vishnu, the symbol of man's spiritual
Six Side of a Cube
A cube has six sides
Six Types of Food
Food taken by mouth is of six types according to the way it is eaten-
(1) Bhakshya - which is swallowed,
(3) Lehya - which is licked like Chutney,
(4) Choshya - which is sucked,
(5) Peya - which could be drank like juice, water, milk etc,
(6) Khaadya - which is eaten by chewing
Six Ras of Food
Food is of six types according to its taste. According to food science, all
kinds of food should be eaten -
(1) Sweet (sugary),
(2) Sour or Acid (like lemon),
(3) Salty (savory - with salt),
(4) Bitter (like bitter gourd),
(5) Kasailaa or Astringent (tastes like Aamalaa), and
(6) Pungent (hot like pepper).
There are 6 scripts. These divisions of
Vaak are indicated in Rig Ved (1.164.25) -
(1) 5 x 5 - elements of Saankhya - Roman script, Avakahadaa Chakra ,
(2) 6 x 6 - elements of Shaiv - Latin, Arabic, Russian, Gurumukhee.
(3) 7 x 7 - Maruts - Devanaagaree,
(4) 8 x 8 - Kalaa Braahmee,
(5) (8+9) - 2 letters in Vigyaan - Vaak of Ved - 36 x 3 vowels, 3 6 x 5 consonants
and one unclassified ॐ.
(6) 103 to 104 letters in Chinese beyond Vyom = Tibet.
These six seasons occur in India -
(1) Cold (Shishir) (2) Spring (Vasant) (3) Summer (Greeshm)
(4) Rainy (Varshaa) (5) Autumn (Fall, or Sharad) (6) Hemant (Winter)
(1) 7 Chapters in Tulasee Daas' Raam Charit Maanas - (1) Baal Kaand, (2) Ayodhyaa kaand,
(3) Aranya Kaand, (4) Kishkindhaa Kaand, (5) Sundar Kaand, (6) Lankaa Kaand, and (7) Uttar
(2) 7 Chapters in Vaalmeeki Raamaayan -
(1) Baal Kaand, (2) Ayodhyaa Kaand, (3) Aranya Kaand, (4) Kishkindhaa Kaand, (5) Sundar
Kaand, (6) Yuddh Kaand, and (7) Uttar Kaand.
Seven Chhand (Meters)
There are 7 main Chhand, meters in poetry are - (1) Gayatri, (2) Jagatee, (3) Ushnik,
(4) Trishtup, (5) Anushtup, (6) Pankti, and (7) Brihatee. It is said that among these
7 Chhand, the first 6 Chhand are the 6 horses of Soorya Dev's chariot and the 7th one,
the Brihatee Chhand, is the seat of Soorya Dev
Chir means forever, and Jeevee means live,
so Chiranjeevee or Chir Jeevee means who lives forever. There are seven people who
are Chiranjeevee - see below Seven Immortals
Seven Colors of Rainbow (Indra Dhanush)
A rainbow has seven colors in
it - (1) violet, (2) indigo, (3) sky blue, (4) green,
(5) yellow, (6) orange and (7) red - (popularly known as VIBGYOR or ROYGBIV).
Seven Days in a Week
There are seven Days in a week -
(1) Sunday, (2) Monday, (3) Tuesday, (4) Wednesday, (5) Thursday,
(6) Friday and (7) Saturday.
The seven acts of sensation created by the seven Praan are called the seven flames.
[Mundak Upanishad, 2/1]
Seven Generations for Many Things
It is a very interesting fact that during horse breeding, it takes seven generations
for a mixed breed stallion to make it a pure breed stallion. This is a law of nature
and seven generations traditions have been followed in the Vaidik traditions too.
Further, seven generations consecutively born in a particular environment will adapt
to most aspects of that environment. So goes with learning repeated over seven
Seven Holy Cities
There are seven sacred Cities -
(1) Ayodhyaa (UP), (2) Mathuraa (UP), (3) Haridwaar (UP),
(4) Kaashee or Vaaraanasee or Banaaras (UP), (5) Kaanchee (Tamil
(6) Avantee or Ujjain (MP), and
(7) Dwaarakaa (Gujaraat).
Seven Holy Grains
(1) Gehoon or Kanak (Wheat), (2) Baajaraa (Millet), (3) Moong
Whole (Green , (4) Urad Whole (Black , (5) Jau (Barley),
(6) Chanaa, (7) Kanganee
Seven Holy Rivers
(1) Gangaa (2) Yamunaa (3) Saraswatee (invisible) (4)
Kaaveree (5) Sindhu (now in Paakistaan), (6) Godaavaree, (7) Narmadaa
Seven Horses of Soorya
There are seven horses yoked in Soorya's chariot. Bhavishya Puraan gives
the names of these horses thus -
Jaya (the first ray bestows firm conviction, mental and physical strength
generosity domination of others and benevolence),
Ajaya (gives Compassion, tranquility and intelligence, inward understanding,
Vijaya (voracious reading, high thinking and spiritual base)
Jeetpraan (deep thinking, extremely kind, merciful)
Jeetkram (grants high quality discipline, very knowledgeable and scientific evaluators)
Manojap (dedication and devotion, sincere and pursues the path of truth)
Jeetkrodh (in depth evaluation, artistic taste in fine arts and adoration
of beauty, love for display)
There are 7 immortals - (1) Ashwatthaamaa, (2) Daitya Raaj Bali, (3) Ved
Vyaas, (4) Hanumaan, (5) Vibheeshan, (6) Kripaachaarya,
and (7) Parashuraam.
There is a Shlok also for this -
"Ashwathaamaa Balirvyaaso Hanumanashcha Vibheeshan Kripaachaarya cha Parashuraamam
Each one represents one quality and characteristic too.
But there are some other immortals also - Kaagbhushundi Jee, Rishi Maarkandeya
There are seven mothers - (1) Brahmaanee, (2) Maheshwaree, (3) Kaumaaree,
(4) Vaishnavee, (5) Varaahee, (6) Indraanee, and (7) Chaamundaa.
Seven Parvat (Mountains)
(1) Mahendra Parvat (in Orissaa), (2) Malaya Parvat (in Mysore),
(3) Raivatak (Girnaar in Gujraat), (4) Vindhyaachal (in Central India)
Seven Praan originate from Him (God) - they live in human head - two eyes,
two ears, two nostrils and one mouth.
[Mundak Upanishad, 2/1]
Seven Rays of Soorya
Soorya has the rays of seven colors - (1) violet, (2) indigo, (3) sky blue,
(4) green, (5) yellow, (6) orange and (7) red - (popularly known as VIBGYOR
Seven Rays of Soorya
There are seven rays of Soorya - 1. Sushumnaa 2. Surandan 3. Udanvasu 4.
Visvakarma 5. Udavasu 6. Visvavyaas 7. Harikesa
(1) Sushumnaa - This is equivalent to the brightness of thousand rays.
This ray with this name make Chandra (Moon) the most beautiful one. The
Nectar given by the Full Moon to all the penis bestows on them all happiness and pleasure.
(2) Surandan - The Moon has originated from this ray. Even the rays of are
only the rays of Soorya (Sun) alone.
(3) Udannvasu : From this the Kujaa Graha (planet) is originated. This ray
of Soorya will protect the living being from the defects of blood, and
gives them health, brilliance and wealth.
(4) Vishwa Karmaa : This constructs the Budh Graha (planet). This ray will
remove the mental agitations of the people and grants all auspiciousness and peace.
(5) Udaavasu - This ray constructs Brihaspati planet. This planet grants pleasures
and liberation to all living beings. By worshipping this planet all hurdles, obstructions,
opposition will be removed and success is achieved.
(6) Vishwa Vyaas - Shukra and Shani have originated from this ray. Among them
Shukra is responsible for Veerya (sperm) Shukra is in charge of humans procreation
and also his ray brings death. Hence by worshipping this ray one will get complete
(7) Harikesh - Due to this ray, all Stars (Nakshatra) are born. These come
to be known as Nakshatra because they are protecting the human bodies from
the loss of strength, Veerya, and Tej.
Seven Related to Human Body
The two eyes, two ears, two nostrils and the mouth represent the physical
organs of cognition of the five senses (see above), the sense of touch,
while present on the skin all over the body, is most acute. These are
called seven Rishi or Saptarshi. The word Rishi means "one who sees
everything". The Rishi actually saw the Ved. Broaden this definition,
and you will understand how important a role these organs play in the
absorbing of knowledge, which is very important for human progress. Even
animals have these 5 senses, but their assimilation into active memory and
application is what differentiates the animal from the human.
Seven Rishi or Sapt Rishi (Ursa Major or The Great Bear)
Every Manvantar has seven
Rishi. They are different in every Manvantar. Following are the Sapt Rishi in the
(1) Maharshi Kashyap, (2) Maharshi Atri, (3) Maharshi Vashishth,
(4) Maharshi Vishwaamitra, (5) Maharshi Gautam, (6) Maharshi Bharadwaaj,
(7) Maharshi Jamadagni.
These seven Rishi are
represented in the sky as Great Bear pointing to Polar star (Dhruv Taara)
Seven Sacred Shells
There are 7 sacred shells - (1) Vallampuree Shankh (Lakshmee Devee), (2)
Idampuree Shankh (Lakshmee Devee), (3) Gomatee Chakra (Krishn), (4) Ganesh
Shankh (Ganesh), (5) Gaumukhee Shankh (Gangaa Devee), (6) Kauree Shankh (Lakshmee
Devee), (7) Pahadee Shankh (Lakshmee Devee)
Seven Steps for Marriage
There are 7 steps a bride and bridegroom walk together to marry each other, it
is called Sapt Padee
Seven Lives After Marriage
The bride and bridegroom become husband and wife for 7 lives, it is believed.
Seven Swar (Notes) in Music
There are 7 Swar in Indian music --
(1) Shadaj, (Sa) (2) Rishabh, (Ray) (3) Gandhaar, (Ga) (4) Madhyam, (Ma)
(5) Pancham, (Pa) (6) Dhaivat, (Dha) (7) Nishaad, (Nee).
Surprisingly enough, there are 7 planets in Indian astrology.
There are 12 Octave in Indian music - so are 12 Raashi (Signs) in Indian astrology.
There are 27 Shruti in Indian Karnaatak Music - so there are 27 Nakshatra in
Indian astrology (North Indian Music has only 22 Shruti) which one is logical?
Seven Tongues of Fire
Kaalee, Karaalee, Monojavaa, Sulohitaa, Sudhoomra-varnaa, Sphulinginee and
Vishwaruchi - these seven flickering flames create the seven tongues of
the fire. [Mundak Upanishad,
Seven Types of Mothers
According to Ved, there are seven types of mothers - (1) Mother who gives
birth. (2) Mother who brings up the child. (3) Wife of Guru. (4) Wife of
king. (5) Wife of any Braahman. (6) Bhoo Maataa - Prithvi Maa. and (7) Any
woman who breast feeds the child.
Seven Visible Planets
There are seven visible planets - (1) Sun, (2) Moon, (3) Mars,
(4) Mercury, (5) Jupiter, (6) Venus, (7) Saturn.
Raahu and Ketu are only shadow planets.
Seven Kinds of Offerings
There are eight Deviyaan,
who are worshipped during Nava Raatri period:
(1) Lakshamee Devee
(2) Kaalee Devee
(3) Saraswatee Devee
(4) Sheetalaa Maataa
(5) Paarvatee Jee, or Gauraa Devee
(6) Durgaa Maataa
There are only eight elephants who are born in Devtaa Yoni -
(1) Kumud, (2) Airaavat, (3) Padm, (4) Pushpdant,
(5) Vaaman, (6) Suprateek, (7) Anjan, (8) Saarvbhaum
Eight Forms of Shiv
The eight well-known forms of Mahadeva are Water, Fire, Hotri, Sun, Moon,
Space, Earth and Wind.
In his form of water he is called Bhav;
in that of fire, he is called Rudra;
in that of Hotri he is called Pahsupati;
in that of the Sun, he is called Eeshaan,
in that of the Moon, he is called Mahadeva;
in that of Space, he is called Bheema;
in that of Earth, he is called Sarv; and
in that of wind, he is called Ugra
There are 8 Siddhi -
(1) Animaa, (2) Mahimaa, (3) Laghimaa, (4) Praapti, (5) Praakaamya, (6)
Eeshitaa, (7) Vashitaa, and (8) Kaamaavasaayitaa