Asht Siddhi and Nava Nidhi
"Asht Siddhi Nava Nidhi ke Daataa | As Bar Deenh Jaanakee Maataa"
This is a Chaupaaee from Hanumaan Chaaleesaa. So what are those Asht
Siddhi and Nava Nidhi? The following are the Asht Siddhi and Nava Nidhi
(1) Animaa - Reducing ones body even to the size of an atom.
(2) Mahimaa Expanding ones body to an infinitely large size.
(3) Garimaa Becoming infinitely heavy.
(4) Laghimaa Becoming almost weightless.
(5) Praaptikaa - Having unrestricted access to all places.
(6) Praakaamya Realizing whatever one desires.
(7) Ishitaa - Possessing absolute lordship.
(8) Vashitaa - The power to subjugate all
(1) Par Kaayaa Pravesh Par Kaayaa Pravesh means ones soul entering into the
body (sensorium) of some other person or animal or bird. Through this knowledge
even a dead body can be brought to life.
(2) Haadee Vidyaa This Vidyaa or knowledge has been mentioned in several ancient
texts. On acquiring this Vidyaa, a person feels neither hunger nor thirst, and
can remain without eating food or drinking water for several days at a stretch.
(3) Kaadee Vidyaa Just as one does not feel hunger or thirst in Haadee Vidyaa,
similarly in Kaadee Vidyaa a person is not affected by change of seasons, i.e.
by summer, winter, rain, etc. After accomplishing this Vidyaa, a person shall
not feel cold even if he sits in the snow-laden mountains, and shall not feel
hot even if he sits in the fire.
(4) Vaayu Gaman Siddhi Through this Siddhi a person can become capable of flying
in the skies and traveling from one place to another in just a few seconds.
(5) Madaalasaa Vidyaa On accomplishing this Vidyaa, a person becomes capable
of increasing or decreasing the size of his body according to his wish. Hanumaan
had miniaturized his body through this Vidyaa while entering the city of Lankaa.
(6) Kanakdhaaraa Siddhi One can acquire immense and unlimited wealth through this Siddhi.
(7) Praakya Saadhanaa Through this Saadhanaa a Yogee can direct his disciple
to take birth from the womb of a woman who is childless or cannot bear children.
(8) Soorya Vigyaan This solar science is one of the most significant sciences
of ancient India. This science has been known only to the Indian Yogee; using it,
one substance can be transformed into another through the medium of Sun rays.
(9) Mrit Sanjeeevanee Vidyaa - Through this knowledge even a dead person can
be brought back to life.
Treasures of Kuber the Devtaa of wealth) - they are eight (Asht Nidhi) -
Padm, Mahaa-Padm, Shankh, Makar, Kashchap, Mukund, Nand, Neel.