This information has been compiled from Mahaabhaarat itself.
See also War Details;
Karn's one younger brother, Sangraamjeet, was killed by Arjun at the time of the
battle in Viraat Nagar (G-4-Van/66)
--Mahaabhaarat war started on Pratipadaa of Krishn Paksh of Maargsheersh Maas
(first day of dark fortnight of Agahan Maas) and continued for 18 days.
--The day Yudhishthir went to see Bheeshm to get his counseling about the duties of a
king, Krishn said to Bheeshm that he would live for 56 days more on Prithvi.
(see G-8-Shaanti, 9) [Shaanti Parv, 51].
--All 11 + 7 = 18 Akshauhinee army was killed in this war except 7 people from
Paandav's side (five Paandav, Saatyaki and Yuyutsu; of course Krishn also
(as He was Bhagavaan Himself); and 3 people from Kaurav's side (Kripaachaarya, Ashwatthaamaa and Kritvarmaa)
1 Akshauhinee = 218,690
7 Akshauhinee = 1,530,830
11 Akshauhinee = 2,405,590
18 Akshauhinee = 3,936,420 heads
Under Bheeshm's Leadership - 10 Days
For the first 10 days Bheeshm was its Commander-in-Chief. He was brought down by Arjun showering
arrows shooting from behind Shikhandee.
On 1st day - Shalya killed Uttar (Viraat's son)
and Bheeshm killed Shwet (Viraat's son)
On 2nd day - Bheem killed two kings Satya and Satyadev,
- Bheem also killed Kaling - the king of Kaling Desh, and Kaling's son Ketumaan.
On 4th day - Bheem killed 8 sons of Dhritraashtra (Senaapati, Jalaasandh, Sushen, Ugra, Veerbaahu, Bheem, Bheemrath. Sulochan)
On 6th Day - Shataaneek killed Dushkaran
On 7th day - Drone killed Shankh (Viraat's son)
On 8th day - Bheem killed 8 sons of Dhritraashtra (Sunabh, Aadityaketu, Vaahvaseen, Kundadhar, Mahodar, Aparaajit, Panditakaa, Vishaalaaksh)
- Bheem again killed 8 sons of Dhritraashtra (Anadhriti, Kundbhedin, Viraat, Deerghlochan, Deerghbaahu, Subaahu, Kaanyakadhwaj,
- Alambooshaa killed Arjun's son Iraavaan
By 9th day - Bheem had killed 24 sons of Dhritraashtra.
On 10th Day - Arjun killed Bheeshm.
Under Drone's Leadership - 5 Days
For the next 5 days (11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th days) Drone was its Commander-in-Chief.
He was also killed by Arjun after a simple lie spoken by Yudhishthir, that "Ashwatthaamaa is killed".
On 12th day - Drone killed Satyajit (son of Drupad).
- Drone killed Shataaneek (brother of Viraat)
- Drone killed Kshaatradev (son of Shikhandee)
- Arjun killed Bhagadatt and Shakuni's two brothers.
- Arjun killed three brothers of Karn - Shatrunjaya and Vipath (third name is not given)
On 13th day - Abhimanyu killed son of Asmak [Drone, 35];
- Abhimanyu killed Sushen, Driglochan and Kundvedh [Drone, 35],
- Abhimanyu killed one brother of Karn
- Abhimanyu killed Rukmarath (son of Shalya)
- Abhimanyu killed Lakshman (son of Duryodhan)
- Abhimanyu was killed by Dushaasan's son in Chakra Vyooh.
On 14th day - Shrutaayudh was killed by his own mistake
- Arjun killed Avantee Brothers - Vind and Anuvind
- Shrutsen (son of Sahadev Paandav) killed Shal
- Saatyaki killed Jalaasandh, and Sudarshan (king of Maalavaa)
- Drone killed Brihadkshatra (the eldest of 5 Kaikaya brothers),
- Drone killed Dhrishtketu (Son of Shishupaal), [G-6-War, 21-battle-14-2]
- Drone killed Kshaatradharm (Son of Dhrishtdyumn) [G-6-War, 21-battle-14-2]
- Drone killed Sahadev
(Son of Jaraasandh)
- Bheem killed 11 sons of Dhritraashtra - Kundbhed, Sushen, Deerghnetra, Vrindaarak, Abhaya, Raudrakarm, Vind, Anuvind,
Suvarmaa, Sudarshan, and Durvimochan;
- Bheem killed 6 sons of Dhritraashtra - Durjaya, Durmarshan, Dusaha, Durmad, Durdhar, and Jaya
- Bheem killed 6 sons of Dhritraashtra - Chitra, Upachitra, Chaaruchitra, Sharaasan, Chitraayudh, and Chitravarmaa
- Bheem again killed 7 sons of Dhritraashtra - Chitra, Shatrunjaya, Shatrusaha, Chitraayudh, Dridh, Chitrasen and Vikarn;
- Saatyaki killed Bhoorishravaa; [G-6-War, 22-battle-14-3]
- Arjun killed Shrutaayu,
the son of Varun Dev, before he killed Jayadrath
- Arjun killed Jayadrath; [G-6-War, 23-battle-14-4]
- Bheem killed 2 sons of Dhritraashtra - Durmad and Dushkarn (Durmad is repetition)
- Bheem killed Baahleek [G-6-War, 23-battle-14-4]
- Bheem killed 10 sons of Dhritraashtra - Naagdatt, Dridhrath, Veerbaahu, Ayobhuj, Dridh, Suhast, Veergas, Pramath, and
Ugrayayee (only nine names are given)
- Bheem killed 6 sons of Subal - Shatchandra, Gavaaksh, Sarabh, Vibhu, Subhag, and Bhaanudatt
- Saatyaki killed Somdatt (Drone, 161), then Bhoori [G-6-War, 23-battle-14-4]
- Kshatradharm (Dhrishtdyumn's son) killed Shishupaal's son Dhrishtketu;
- Arjun killed Vrishsen (Drone, 170)
- Bheem killed 7 Kaurav brothers,
- Ghatotkach killed two Raakshas (Alambooshaa - the son of Jataasur - (Drone, 174) and Alaayudh - (Drone, 178), [G-6-War, 24-battle-14-5]
- Karn killed Ghatotkach by his Power weapon given by Indra to him in exchange of his Kavach and Kundal.
On 15th day - Drone killed Drupad and Viraat, and
- Drone leaves the world - Dhrishtdyumn was supposed to kill him
- Prativindhya killed Karn's son Chitrasen and a king called Chitra
Note = While giving names of Dhritraashtra's sons killed by Bheem, sometimes the
names are not complete in number, or sometimes they are given in duplicate. I apologize for that information.
Prativindhya was Yudhishthir's son.
Under Karn's Leadership - 2 Days
For the next 2 days (16th and 17th days) Karn was its Commander-in-Chief. He was killed by Arjun just
because of his two Shaap,
On 16th day - Bheem killed Kshemdhoorti
- Saatyaki killed Vind and Anuvind
- Arjun killed Dandadhar and Dand (Chief of Magadh and his brother)
- Ashwatthaamaa killed Pandyaa (Karn, 20)
On 17th Day - Karn killed 5 Paanchaal - Bhaanudev, Chitrasen, Senbidu, Tapan and Shoorsen,
(Karn, 48) (G-6-War, 33-battle-17-2)
- Bheem killed Bhaanusen - son of Karn
- Bheem killed 6 Kaurav brothers - Vivitsu, Vikat, Saha, Krat, Nand, and Upanand
- Arjun killed 10 Dhritraashtra's sons while going to kill Karn.
- Saatyaki killed Karn's son Prasenjit. (G-6-War, 34-battle-17-3)
- Bheem killed Dushaasan to fulfill his vow. [Karn, 83]
- Yudhaamanyu killed Chitrasen. [Karn, 83]
Bheem again killed 10 sons of Dhritrashtra - Nishang, Kavach, Paas, Durdhar, Dhanurgrah, Alolup, Saha, Shand, Vaatveg, Suvarchas -
who ran after Bheem after their brother Dushaasan was killed. [Karn, 84]
- Arjun killed Karn's son Vrishsen before killing Karn.
Under Shalya's Leadership - 1 Day
For the last day (the 18th day) Shalya was appointed its Commander-in-Chief.
On 18th day - Yudhishthir killed Shalya.
- Nakul killed Chitrasen* (see below), Satyasen and Sushen - the sons of Karn.
- Saatyaki killed Shaalv, king of Mlechchh.
- Bheem killed Dhritraashtra's 11 sons - Durmarshan,
Shrutant, Jaitra, Bhoorivaalaa,
Ravi, Jayatsen, Sujaat, Durvishah,
Durvimochan, Dushpradarsh and Shrutarvan. (Shalya, 26).
- Arjun killed Satyakarm, Satyeshu and Susharmaa. (Shalya, 27)
- Bheem killed Sudarshan. (Shalya, 27)
- Sahadev killed first Ulook, then Shakuni Maamaa. (Shalya, 28)
- Bheem killed Duryodhan in a dual fight.
- Ashwatthaamaa killed Dhrishtdyumn in sleep, and Draupadee's
five sons and Shikhandee while fighting with them
*This seems repeat of 17th day - Yudhaamanyu killed Chitrasen [Karn, 83],
but there was no way to check its authenticity.
8 sons of Dhritraashtra on the 4th day
16 sons of Dhritraashtra
on the 8th day
48 sons of
Dhritraashtra on the 14th day
17 sons of Dhritraashtra on
the 17th day including Dushaasan
12 sons of Dhritraashtra on the 18th day including Duryodhan
In the last only 10 people remained alive,
seven from Paandav's side -
5 Paandav, Saatyaki and Yuyutsu (Dhritraashtra's son from his Vaishya's wife) and
three from Kaurav's side -
Ashwatthaamaa, Kripaachaarya and Kritvarmaa.