(1) About Shiv
Do you know why conch shells are not used to worship Shiv? read
(2) Tripur was destroyed by whom and which Astra?
By Shiv and by his Paashupat Astra
(3) Why Ketakee and Champak flowers are not offered to Shiv?
Seetaa cursed Ketakee and Naarad cursed Champak flowers from being offered to Shiv Jee.
(4) Who are Shiv's Avataar?
Although Shaiv believe that there are 108 incarnations of Shiv but the following
3 are very famous.
(1) Hanumaan is said to be the Avataar of 11th Rudra.
(2) Aadi Guru Shankaraachaarya is also said to be incarnation of Shiv.
(3) Sage Pippalaad, Dadheechi's
son, is also the Avataar of Shiv.
(5) With whom Shiv fought?
(1) Once Shiv fought with Krishn when came to get back His grandson, Pradyumn's son,
(2) Once he fought with Arjun when
he was doing Tap to please Shiv to take Paashupat Astra from him.
(3) Once he fought with Taarak's three sons -Taarakaaksh, Kamalaaksh an Vidyunmaalee,
and destroyed their three cities in sky which were known as
(6) Shiv Jee gave some weapons to his devotees, which weapons to whom?>
He gave Chandrahaas sword to Raavan
He gave his Paashupat Astra to Arjun
He gave a scepter to Madhu Daitya
(7) Once Shiv Jee ran away for his life. From whom he ran away and who saved him?
He ran away from Bhasmaasur /
Vrikaasur Daitya and Vishnu
(8) Once Shiv Jee had to live in the stomach of his devotee. Who was that devotee
and who took him out?
He had to live in the stomach of his devotee
Gajmukhaasur, and as usual
Vishnu took him out of his belly and killed Gajmukhaasur.
(9) When did Shiv
himself had to cool down two fierce Avataar?
Once Shiv himself had to lie down under the foot of Mahaa Kaalee to cool
her down and to bring her to her senses, after she got blood thirsty on
killing Rakt Beej Raakshas and drinking his spilled blood. This incident
is found in Shiv Puraan.
Another tikme, Shiv took the form of Sharbheshwar to control the blood
thirst of Narasinh Bhagavaan on killing and drinking the blood of