One of the foremost things
anyone would need in the field of Tantra is Surakshaa (protection).
What does Tantra Mean?
(1) Tantra ... means technique .... It uses Mantra, Yantra and specific
material and Vidhaan to generate energy.....
(2) This energy with blessing of Guru, Gods, Goddess, and other yonis like
Yaksha, Gandharva, Kinnar, Apsaraa, Jinn, Bhoot, Pishaach, etc, and Pitar
.... can be used for specific purpose.
(3) This is like science, and independent of any religion, so anyone can
follow it... and get benefit of it.
(4) There are 64 Tantra total ... its a huge list ... in some of my
previous post I have given the list of them all.
(5) All these Tantra evolved in specific geographical areas by specific
set of people... while specific Tantra are more effective in giving
result in that area.
(6) Certain Tantra are good in certain kind of task, although all Tantra
are capable of giving you almost everything in life.
(7) For one specific task... there could be numerous Saadhanaa in
one single Tantra alone.
(8) Only that disciple who has taken Deekshaa from Tantra Guru
(specifically) is allowed to do Saadhanaa. If some one has taken Deekshaa
from say Bhakti Marg Guru .... then he is advised to take one more Guru
Deekshaa from a Tantra Guru. Do not worry about having two Guru .... Lord
Dattaatreya ... Guru of all Gurus ... had 24 Guru.
(9) After Tantra Guru Deekshaa ... one has to continue doing daily
Saadhanaa... (Jaap of Chaitanya Mantra, Gayatri Mantra and Guru Mantra).
(10) Either based on discussion with Guru ... where Guru suggests him/her
specific Saadhanaa and methodology the disciple can do that Saadhanaa,
else he himself can choose the Saadhanaa he wants to do, and do it.
(11) By doing daily Saadhana, disciple gets blessing from Guru. When a
disciple does some Saadhanaa... that Shakti (Power) asks the disciple's
reference from his Guru Dev before granting anything to disciple. If and
only if, when the Guru allows ... then only that Saadhanaa is successful
else its not.
If one observes, if Mantra Jap is done with the tongue (aloud), it becomes
Taantrik, because, the physical object called tongue comes into play and
any difference in sound makes a lot of difference in the effects - that is
why we have got so many Ved Shaakhaa. So, there is nothing purely Saattwik
or Raajasik or Taamasik in this world. The only generalized recommendation
is either Maximize Sattwa Gun or try to become Gunaateet. since Taamas gives
auspicious results in short term, but gives very inauspicious results in long
term, Tantra or idol worship is strongly discouraged for general public.
There are 64 branches of Tantra. Just take one of the popular branches "Sabar
Tantra". This Sabar Tantra Vidyaa was given by Shiv and Dattaatreya. All the
9 Naath (Machhindranaath or Matsyendranaath, Kanifnaath,
Gorakshnaath....) contributed or constructed the Mantra. Nava Naath had got
the boon from each God for these Sabar
Mantra. Gorakshnaath alone contributed 60 Crore Mantra for Sabar Vidyaa. And
the rest Naath contributed 40 crores Mantra. So total 100 crore Mantra are there
in Sabar Tantra alone.
There are no rules as such. Sabar Mantra
have influence of local language, and have words from common language instead of
Sanskrit words. Many Sabar Mantra will have word like "Guru ko Aadesh",
"Shabd Sachchaa", "Pinds Kachchaa, Furo Mantra Eeshwaro vaach"
Some Links for Some