How to Do Jaap
Graha (Planets) Pacification Through Jaap
The Taantrik Mantra for Planet Pacification are (Most powerful and effective)
1) Sun = "Om Hraam Hreem Hraum Sah Sooryaaya Namah"
2) Moon = "Om shraam Shreem Shraum Sah Chandramasay Namah"
3) Mars = "Om Kraam Kreem Kraum Sah Bhomaaya Namah"
4) Mercury = "Om Braam Breem Braum Sah Budhaaya Namah"
5) Jupiter = "Om Graam Greem Graum Sah Guruvay Namah"
6) Venus = "Om Draam Dreem Draum Sah Shukraaya Namah"
7) Saturn = "Om Praam Preem Praum Sah Shan-vay Namah"
8) Rahu = "Om Chhraam Chhreem Chhraum Sah Rahavay Namah"
9) Ketu = "Om Ayeim Hreem Ketavay Namah"
The Short Taantrik Mantra for Planets are (Medium range, mostly used in
Yantra and offerings)
(1) Sun = "Om Ghrini Aadityaaya Namah"
(2) Moon = "Om Som Somaaya Namah Namah"
(3) Mars = "Om Ang Angaar-kaaraya Namah"
(4) Mercury = "Om Boom Budhaaya Namah"
(5) Jupiter = "Om Brim Brihaspatyaaya Namah"
(6) Venus = "Om Shoom Shukraaya Namah"
(7) Saturn = "Om Sham Shanaishcharaaya Namah"
(8) Rahu = "Om Raam Rahavey Namah"
(9) Ketu = "Om Kaim Ketavey Namah"
The Jaap for a planet/Graha is same in thousand as the number of years
for which its Mahaa-dashaa goes on. And in Kali Yug, it may have to be
done 4 times - this is only because of lack of ability of people in Kali
Yug to remain pure, that is totally pure during Anushthaan.>/font>
(1) Sun = 6 years = 6,000 * 4 = 24,000
(2) Moon = 10 years = 10,000 * 4 = 40,000
(3) Mars = 7 years = 7,000 * 4 = 28,000
(4) Mercury = 17 years = 17,000 * 4 = 68,000
(5) Jupiter = 16 Years = 16,000 * 4 = 64,000
(6) Venus = 20 Years = 20,000 * 4 = 80,000
(7) Saturn = 19 Years = 19,000 * 4 = 76,000
(8) Rahu = 18 Years = 18,000 * 4 = 72,000
(9) Ketu = 7 Years = 7,000 * 4 = 28,000
Number and Procedure of Jaap, Havan, Tarpan, Maarjan, Brahman Bhojan
Havan = 1/10 of Jaap
Tarpan,= 1/10 of Havan
Marjan,= 1/10 of Tarpan
Brahman bhojan = 1/10 of Maarjan
Mantra Jaap = 100,000 (1,000 Mala / Rounds of Rosary)
Havan = 10 % of Mantra Jaap = 10 % of 1,00,000 = 10,000 (100 Maalaa)
Tarpan = 10 % of Havan = 10 % of 10,000 = 1,000 (10 Maalaa)
Maarjan = 10 % of Tarpan = 10 % of 1,000 = 100 (1 Maalaa)
Braahman Bhojan = 10 % of 100 = 10 Braahman
If one is not doing Havan,
Tarpan, Maarjan, then after Mantra Jaap one should take Sankalp for Tarpan
and do twice Jaap for Tarpan, and twice Jaap for Maarjan, so the numbers
Jap in lieu of Havan = 2 * 100 = 200 Mala
Jap in lieu of Tarpan = 2 * 10 = 20 Mala
Jap in lieu of Maarjan = 2 * 1 = 2 Mala
Jap in lieu of Brahman = 1 Maalaa (if less than 108, we do at least one 1 Maalaa)
Samidhaa (wood sticks) for various planets
(1) Sun = Aak Wood
(2) Moon = Palaash Wood
(3) Mars = Khair Wood
(4) Mercury = Apa-maarg Wood
(5) Jupiter = Peepal Wood
(6) Venus = Goolar Wood
(7) Saturn = Shami Wood
(8) Raahu = Druva
(9) Ketu = Kusha
Saamagree for each Aahuti adding Swaahaa
Til (white sesame seed) = x (you decide this depending on the number of Aahuti required)
Rice = x 2
Yava (barley) = x 4
Sugar = x 8
Gud (Jaggery) = x 8
Yogurt (Dahee or Curd) = x 8
Ghee (Clarified Butter) = x 16
Now specifically taking your example of Venus.
Venus Jaap = 80,000
Number of Aahutis required saying "Om Draam Dreem Draum Sah Shukraaya
Namah Swaahaa" = 10 % of 80,00 = 8,000 (this means 80 rounds of rosary)
But to be practical, I never
put that many Aahutis because it's very expensive, although it's ideal thing
to do but it's expensive.
Like what I will do is, Make 1000 Aahuti = 10 Maalaa. (Maalaa = rosary of 108
beads round), So I am left with 70 Maalaa, so I will do 140 more rounds in
lieu of ideal 70 more Maalaa Havan that was required.
But be careful, you will have to
announce this in the Sankalp for Havan that you will give 1000 Aahuti and then
do double Jaap for remaining Aahutis (offerings).
Or you can completely skip Hom and directly do 80*2 = 160 rounds of rosary by
But I usually prefer at least some Hom, because it mean what you are
offering to fire, breaks up into subtle form and goes directly to the
deity for whom you are doing the Hom.
And further about the Saamagree for Homam -
Lets say you have to do homam for 1,000 Ahutis.
Lets say that takes 1600 grams of ahuti (=> x = 1600gm)
(very rough example, but I am using this number 1600 for sheer ease of calculation)
(1) Til (white sesame seed)= 1600 gm
(2) Rice = 800 gm
(3) Yava (barley) = 400 gm
(4) Sugar = 200 gm
(5) Gud (Jaggery) = 200 gm
(6) Yogurt (Dahee or Curd) = 200 gm
(7) Ghee (Clarified Butter) = 100gm
Total Weight of Mixture = 3500 gm = 3.5 kg
You have to offer the a mixture with this composition okay, "the
mixture" for Aahuti.
Remember, take the Til amount as the mean.
And to be precise, if you want to be very scientific about it, then
calculate total amount of Aahuti that you can put on a small teaspoon.
Multiply that by the number of Aahutis you want, then you will get the
total weight of the mixture you need and then decide quantity of
specific ingredient accordingly.
Oh and one thing more, remember this composition of mixture is for Nava Graha
Shaanti, for Hom of other purpose, Samidhaa (wood), ingredients of Aahuti and
basically whole procedure may be different. So if this is your first Hom, then
remember this composition applies to Nava Graha Shaanti only.