Kaal Sarp Dosh or Naag Dosh
See its Remedies
Kaal Sarp Yog
What is "Kaal Sarp" Dosh?
It is said when in any native's
chart, the remaining seven Graha (planets) are in the clutches of Raahu
and Ketu, that is called Kaal Sarp Dosh.
Agre Raahu, Antye Ketu, Sarve Madhya Gatah Grahau.
Kaal Sarpaakhyaam Dosh vartate.
Kalasarpen doshen nrip, sasya vinaashanam.
That is "All Planets hemmed between Raahu and Ketu, it is called
as "Kaal Sarp Dosh" which is bad for Nrip (King) and Sasya
(Trees, Plants and their products). And it won't harm people.
Kaal Sarp Dosh refers to a condition in the horoscope in which all planets
(or all planets bar (1) occupy one side of the Raahu or Ketu axis. This Dosh
most often manifests in primary areas of life: relationships (marriage), health
(mental and physical), career, education, accumulation of wealth, long term
hopes and aspirations: things we observe in other people's lives as growing
and taking on a life of their own - these can be a constant struggle and can
fail for no apparent reason at the most unlikely times. In spite of talent and
hard work, the person does not achieve success. To remove this Dosh, Kaal Sarp
Raahu and nine snakes are worshipped and a Havan or sacrificial fire is performed
There are mainly two types of Kaal Sarp Dosh --
Savya Kaal Sarp Dosh - When from Raahu to Ketu all the houses are filled it is
Savya Kaal Sarp Dosh.
Apasavya Kaal Sarp Dosh - When from Ketu to Raahu all the houses are filled,
it is called Apasavya Kaal Sarp Dosh.
In Astrological science, Raahu
is termed as the Head of Sarp and Ketu is termed as the tail of Sarp. The Vaidik
Pandit terms that the Kaal Sarp Yog is most dangerous one in ones life span. In
the natal chart from Lagna to 7th House, if this Yog is there the first half of
the life is more miserable and if all the Houses, from 7th House to 12th Houses,
are filled with all the Planets, then the second half of the life is harmful. In
the natal chart if other Yog are not there, the native will be jobless; habituated
to bad habits leads miserable life, unmarried. etc. There is a Sarp Dosh if any of
the following combination is present in the natal chart ---
(1) From Ravi is placed from Raahu in 8th house
(2) From Chandra to 8th house, Raahu or Ketu
(3) From Lagna, 6, 7, and 8 Houses is Raahu is there
(4) From Lagna, either Raahu or Ketu are placed in Tri-kon
Some people think that if they themselves have killed any snake or their
elders or ancestors have killed any snake, they get this Dosh - called
Naag Dosh. They think they have been cursed by those dead snakes that's
why they are having Naag Dosh. But as per astrology the actual meaning of
Naag Dosh are as follows --
(1) If Kujaa and Guru are in conjunction
(2) If Kujaa and Shukra are in conjunction in Kark Raashi, or Kanyaa Raashi
or in Makar Raashi, or in Meen Raashi,
(3) If Kujaa and Shani are in conjunction in any Raashi will have some effects
as when both planets are aspecting each other.
(4) If Kujaa is aspecting Shukra
(5) If Kujaa and Raahu are in conjunction
(6) Guru and Raahu in conjunction
(7) If Shani alone is in 5th house from Janm Lagna (Santaan Sthaan). OR
with Moon in 5th House. The 5th House from Janm Lagna is called Santaan
Sthaan (children's House).
(8) When Raahu is in Mesh or Vrishchik Raashi
(9) If Raahu is in 5th House and is aspected (seen) by Kujaa from anywhere.
(10) If 5th house Lord is in conjunction with Raahu in any House of the horoscope.
(11) If Shani is in 5th House; or with Moon in 5th House which is a Santaan
All the ava Yog (non-Yog) are classified under one title called Naag Dosh.
Naag means absence. Everything in life should happen at certain time but
when it doesn't happen is called Naag Dosh. It affects our life in every
aspect. Some important aspects in life won't be successful and have breaks
or sometimes it never happens at all is called Naag Dosh.
Effects of Naag Dosh
Naag Dosh effects are always bad. How do these Naag Dosh effect us?
(1) On children: Late marriages would obviously lead to late children.
(2) Misunderstandings between couples.
(3) Cancellation of marriages just before days.
(4) Divorce among couples.
(5) Spouse (husband or wife) killings.
(7) Children grow up to be useless
(8) Multiple abortions.
(9) Baby dies after delivery.
(10) Baby born handicapped.
(11) Mentally retarded children are born. And be retarded after growing
older as well. Sometimes even after growing up to be as old as 40 to
50 yrs, they can't even go to toilet because they don't know anything
Parents would be serving them.
(12) People who are Crorepati spend their money like camphor.
(13) People who have lots of property but don't have any money in hand
which leads them to make debt. They can't repay the debt and in turn have
to face court problems.
(14) Sexual transmitted diseases like Aids, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, etc.
(15) Bhraanti Rog (Imaginary diseases)
(16) Children leave their homes without informing.
(17) Second marriage and third marriage Yog etc etc etc
Types of Kaal Sarp Yog
(1) From Lagna to 7th House, if
all the planets (Ravi, Chandra, Kujaa, Budh, Guru, Shukra and Shani) are
placed between Raahu and Ketu is known as Anant Kaal Sarp Dosh.
EFFECTS: Troubles in family life, and chronic health problems.
(2) From 2nd House to 8th House
if these planets are placed it is known as Gulikaa Kaal Sarp Dosh.
EFFECTS: Financial and domestic troubles.
(3) From 3rd House to 9th House,
it is known as Vaasuki Kaal Sarp Dosh.
EFFECTS: Problems with brothers and sisters
(4) From 4th House to 10th
House, it is known as Sankalp Kaal Sarp Dosh.
EFFECTS: Problems with mother, vehicles and at residence.
(5) From 5th House to 11th
House, it is known as Padm Kaal Sarp Dosh.
EFFECTS: Problems with spouse/husband and with children.
(6) From 6th House to 12th House
it is known as Mahaa Padm Kaal Sarp Dosh.
EFFECTS: Health problems, debts, problems with enemies.
(7) From 7th House to Lagna, it
is known as Takshak Kaal Sarp Yog.
EFFECTS: Loss in business and problems in matrimonial life.
(8) From 8th House to 2nd House,
it is known as Karkotak Kaal Sarp Yog.
EFFECTS: Problems with wife and accidents.
(9) From 9th House to 3rd House,
it is known as Shankhchood Kaal Sarp Yog.
EFFECTS: Problems with father, heavy bad luck etc.
(10) From 10th House to 4th
House, it is known as Ghatak Kaal Sarp Yog.
EFFECTS: Problem in business and job fonts.
(11) From 11th House to 5th
House, it it known as Vishadhar Kaal Sarp Dosh.
EFFECTS:: Problems in financial business terms.
(12) From 12th House to 6th
House, it is known as Shesh Naag Kaal Sarp Dosh.
EFFECTS: Mounting expenditure and severe problems with enemies.
Kaal Sarp --
Lower in longitude than Raahu
Higher in longitude than Ketu
See its Remedies at Kaal Sarp Yog