Mahaabhaarat | Geetaa
1. Bhagavaan said - "I told this indestructible Yog first to Soorya, Soorya told it to his son Vaivaswat Manu, and Manu told it to his son Ikshwaaku.
2. Hey Parantap, Thus Raajarshi knew it obtained through tradition, but in later times this Yog somewhat disappeared from Prithvi Lok.
3. You are my Bhakt (devotee) and dear friend, that is why I tell this ancient Yog to you, because this is a high secret."
4. Arjun said - "You are born only now (in present times), and Soorya has been born longtime ago (in the beginning of the Kalp), then how do I know that you told this Yog first to Soorya?"
5. Bhagavaan said - "Hey Parantap, Both, you and I, have taken many births, you do not know about them, but I know them.
6. In spite of being unborn, and immortal and Eeshwar of all beings I manifest myself through my Yog Maayaa controlling my Prakriti (nature).
7. Hey Bhaarat, Whenever Dharm deteriorates and A-Dharm increases, I create my forms (means I appear in this world).
8. To comfort Saadhu (saints, or good people), to destroy sinners and to reestablish Dharm I appear at time to time.
9. Hey Arjun, My births and Karm are Divine (not related to this world), thus who knows me through Tattwa, he never comes again in this world after his death and gets my Lok.
10. Even before, who have won Moh, fear, jealousy, and who always meditate on me, many such people have attained me following the above Gyaan Tap.
11. Hey Paarth, Whoever Bhakt worship me in whichever way, I also worship them in the same way, because all beings follow me in every way.
12. In this Mrityu Lok (on Prithvi), who desire the fruits of their Karm, worship Devtaa, because they get their fruits of their Karm soon in such a way.
13. Braahman, Kshatriya, Vaishya and Shoodra - these four Varn were created by me along with Gun and Karm. In spite of creating everything, you should know me as non-doer of any Karm.
14. I am not attached to any Karm that is why Karm do not get attached to me. Who knows me thus, he is never bound to Karm.
15. In earlier times learned people have done their Karm in the same way, therefore you also do your Karm in the same way as they have done.
16. What is Karm, and what is A-Karm? Even intelligent people get confused in
deciding such issues, that is why I will tell you this Karm Tattwa (gist or
root). After knowing that you will be free from Karm bondage.
17. One should know the forms of both - Karm and A-Karm; even he should know the Vi-Karm also, because Karm is a very complex matter.
18. Who sees A-Karm in Karm, and who sees Karm in A-Karm, the same is intelligent and Yogee and the same is the accomplisher of everything.
19. Whose all Shaastra prescribed Karm are done without any desire and Sankalp
(taking vow); and whose all Karm are destroyed through Gyaan fire, even all Gyaanee
call him Pandit (man with wisdom).
20. Who has become detached from all Karm and their fruits and doesn't depend on world, and is contented in Paramaatma, in spite of doing all Karm he doesn't do anything.
21. Who has controlled his body along with his mind and Indriyaan, and who has abandoned all kinds of pleasures, such a man does not commit any sin even after doing any work related to body.
22. Who is contented with whatever is available material, without desiring for anything; who doesn't feel any jealousy; who is indifferent in happiness and sorrow etc dualities; such a man doesn't get bound with any kind of Karm even after doing all kinds of Karm.
23. Whose attachment is destroyed; who has no pride of his body and is detached; who is always busy in Paramaatmaa's meditation; who does Karm for Yagya purpose; such a man's all Karm do not bind him.
24. In whichever Yagya Arpan is Brahm, material is also Brahm, doer is also Brahm, Agni is also Brahm, and the action of offering Aahuti is also Brahm; fruit of such a Yogee's Karm is also Brahm.
25. Other Yogee worship Devtaa only, some other Yogee become one with Brahm through Gyaan.
26. Some other Yogee do Havan by controlling their Indriyaan and some other Yogee do Havan of the subjects of their Indriyaan.
27. Some other Yogee do Havan by controlling all the activities of their all Indriyaan and Praan. [They meditate only on Prabhu, they don't think about anything else.]
28. Some people do Havan by materials, some other do it by Tapasyaa, some other do it by Yog, and many do it by following Ahinsaa (non-violence) etc difficult vows, and many others do Gyaan Yagya.
29-30. Some people do Havan of Praan Vaayu in Apaan Vaayu; others do Havan of Apaan Vaayu in Praan Vaayu; others who are devoted to Praanaayaam and eating regulated foods (see also Geetaa, 6/17) do Havan by stopping Praan and Apaan Vaayu movements. All of these Saadhak are destroyer of sins through Yagya and knower of Yagya.
31. Hey Kurushreshth, Whoever Yogee take the Amrit, remnant of Yagya, they get Sanaatan Param Brahm; who doesn't do any Yagya, even this Lok is not good for him, then how the other Lok can be good for him?
32. In the same way many other kinds of Yagya have been described in detail in Ved; you know them completed by the activities of mind, Indriyaan and body. Thus knowing them and by following them you will be free from Karm bondage.
33. Hey Parantap, Gyaan Yagya is much better than material Yagya; all Karm are over in Gyaan.
34. You go and learn that Gyaan from Tattwa Gyaanee people. By greeting them with respect, by serving them well, by questioning them with pure clean heart, those knower of Param Tattwa will discourse you about that Tattwa Gyaan practicing.
35. After knowing which you will never be deluded. Hey Paandav, Through that Gyaan you will see all Bhoot (living beings) first in yourself (see also Geetaa, 6/29), then in Me (see also Geetaa, 6/30).
36. Even you have committed more sins than any other sinner, still you will cross this whole sinful world sea by the knowledge boat.
37. Because Hey Arjun, As blazing fire burns fuel, the knowledge fire burns all Karm.
38. There is nothing like knowledge to make things clean. Whose heart has become pure by practicing Karm Yog for a long time, he attains that knowledge inside himself.
39. Who has controlled his Indriyaan, who has been living regulated life, and who has Shraddhaa, he attains the knowledge and then he soon attains Bhagavaan - the highest peace.
40. While who doesn't have the knowledge (Vivek) and Shraddhaa and who is doubtful goes astray from his path. for such a doubtful man, there is neither this Lok, nor Par Lok, nor any happiness [anywhere].
41. Hey Dhananjaya, Who has offered his all Karm to Paramaatmaa through Karm Yog, and who has destroyed all his doubts through knowledge (Vivek), Karm do not bind such a controlled person.
42. Therefore Hey Bhaarat, you adopt this Karm Yog by killing your A-Gyaan through Gyaan (knowledge or Vivek) sword, and stand up for war."
End of Chapter 4 - Gyaan Karm Sanyaas Yog
Created by Sushma Gupta On 5/27/04
Modified on 08/14/12