Mahaabhaarat | Geetaa
1. Arjun said - "Hey Krishn, First you talk about Sanyaas (abandoning) of Karm, then you admire Karm Yog (doing Karm). Therefore, whatever is certainly better for me between these two, tell me that."
2. Bhagavaan said - "Karm Sanyaas and Karm Yog, both are good, but between those two Karm Yog is better because it is easier to practice.
3. O long armed one, Who is neither jealous of anybody, nor desires anything, that Karm Yogee should also be regarded as Sanyaasee, because such a man becomes free from attachment and jealousy like duals.
4. Only fools, not Pandit, consider above mentioned Sanyaas and Karm Yog different, because whoever follows one, he gets the fruits of both and subsequently attains Paramaatmaa.
5. Gyaan Yogee attains whichever Param Dhaam, Karm Yogee also attains the same, that is why whoever sees the fruits of Gyaan Yog and Karm Yog the same only he sees the truth.
6. But Hey long armed, It is difficult to follow Sanyaas (not feeling as the doer of all the Karm by mind, Indriyaan and body) without Karm Yog; and the Karm Yogee who meditates on Param Brahm, attains Him soon.
7. Whose mind is in his control, who has controlled his Indriyaan, whose heart is pure and clean, and who sees all beings' soul in his own soul, such a Karm Yogee man is never attached to any Karm even after doing them all.
8-9. Gyaan Yogee (Saankhya Yogee), who knows Tattwa (Brahm), in spite of seeing,
hearing, touching, smelling, eating, enjoying, sleeping, breathing, speaking,
opening and shutting his eyes considers only that his all Indriyaan are doing
their own job not that he himself is doing anything.
10. Who does his Karm after offering all Karm to Paramaatmaa and with detachment, he does not get attached to Paap (sins) like the leaf of lotus.
11. Karm Yogee do Karm only for the cleanliness of heart and mind, neither they have ego in them nor they have any kind of attachment - Indriya, mind, Buddhi.
12. Karm Yogee doesn't care for the fruits of his Karm and attains peace in Bhagavaan only, while Sa-Kaam does the Karm with desire and is attached to its results.
13. Who has controlled his mind, such Saankhya Yogee, neither doing any Karm nor allowing to do them, thus abandoning all Karm, lives in his nine door house establishing himself in Paramaatmaa.
14. Parameshwar Prabhu neither gives [a man] the feeling of doer, nor creates [his]
Karm, nor creates their results, but this is all [his own] nature which is working in them.
15. Omnipresent Prabhu neither accepts anybody's any Punya (auspicious Karm), nor does He accept his Paap (sin), but since A-Gyaan has covered Gyaan, that is why A-Gyaanee (ignorant) are getting deluded.
16. But whose A-Gyaan has been destroyed by Brahm Gyaan, Their Gyaan alights Brahm like Soorya alights [the world].
17. Whose mind is in Paramaatmaa, whose Buddhi is in Paramaatmaa, who have become one, such people get Param Gati [and they don't come back in this world again].
18. Those Gyaanee look everybody - learned and polite Braahman, cow, elephant, dog and Chaandaal, alike (Samadarshee - see also Geetaa, 6/32)
19. Who look everybody as themselves, they have already won this world in this life time, because Paramaatmaa is also Samadarshee.
20. Who doesn't become happy after getting his dear or favorite thing, and who doesn't become sad to get a thing which he doesn't like, that Sthirbuddhi, doubtless Brahm knower should be understood as established one with Paramaatmaa.
21. Who, without attaching himself to outside pleasures, experiences the inner Saatwik pleasure established in soul, then he experiences the eternal pleasure by meditating on Paramaatmaa.
22. Whatever are these pleasures born from the Indriyaan and their subjects, although they give pleasure to lusty people, still they are the cause of sorrows and are mortal. Therefore Hey Kaunteya, An intelligent man doesn't get indulged in them.
23. Whoever Saadhak becomes successful in controlling the emotions of lust and anger before dying, only those people are Yogee and happy.
24. Whoever feels happiness in his inner self (soul), wanders with inner self, and whoever has attained the knowledge of inner self, the same Saankhya Yogee attains Brahm being one with Him.
25. Whose all sins are destroyed, whose all doubts are cleared through Gyaan, who keeps himself busy in doing good to others, and whose controlled mind is established in Paramaatmaa with unshakable feelings, those Brahm knower people attain Brahm.
26. Who have no desires and anger, who have controlled mind, who have seen Paramaatmaa, for such Gyaanee people only Paramaatmaa is complete.
27-28. Not thinking about outside pleasures, by fixing his sight between the eyebrows, by equalizing Praan and Apaan Vaayu, who has controlled his Indriyaan, who has no desire, fear and anger, such Muni (who always meditates on Paramaatmaa) is always free.
29. My Bhakt gets peace only when he knows me as the enjoyer of all Yagya and Tap, Lord of all Lok (Universe), and well wisher of all living beings (means selfless kind)."
End of Chapter 5 - Karm Sanyaas Yog
Created by Sushma Gupta On 5/27/04
Modified on 09/17/11