Mahaabhaarat | Geetaa
1. Krishn said - "Hey Kaunteya, This body is called as "Kshetra"; and whoever know it, learned call them "Kshetragya".
2. Hey Bhaarat, Know Kshetragya or Jeevaatmaa in all Kshetra as me. (See 15/7 for detailed description); and to know Kshetra-Kshetragya (Purush with impurities) by Tattwa is called Gyaan. That is what I think.
3. What is this Kshetra, what is its form, what Vikaar (impurities) it has, and whatever has happened for whatever reasons; what is Kshetragya and its effects; listen to all of these in brief from me.
4. The essence of this Kshetra and Kshetragya has been described in many ways by many Rishi; and it also described many Mantra it with its many divisions; and it has also been described by confirmed Brahn Pad logically.
5. Five Mahaa Bhoot [Prithvi, Jal, Aakaash, Agni and Vaayu], Ahankaar, Buddhi and Mool Prakriti, ten Indriyaan, one mind and five subjects of five Indriyaan (sound, touch, Roop, taste, and smell). [this is the Swaroop of Kshetra]
6. ..and desire, jealousy, pleasures, sorrows, physical body, Chetanaa (consciousness), and Dhriti (see also Geetaa 18/34-35)- this Kshetra has been described thus in short made up with these Vikaar. [and these are its Vikaar]
7. Lack of the pride of superiority; lack of pride, not troubling anybody in anyway; being forgiving; clear mind and and speech; serving Guru with Shraddhaa; cleanliness of inside and outside (Shauch), stability of heart; and control on the whole body (mind, Indriyaan, body)..
8. ..detachment to all pleasures in this Lok and of other Lok; lack of pride; not thinking repeatedly about the sorrows in birth, death, old age, diseases etc;..
9. ..detachment with sons, wife, house, wealth; detachment from everything; and feeling alike in all dualities;..
10. ..pure Bhakti in only me; nature of living in solitude and clean place; being not attached to the people who are always busy in enjoying pleasures;..
11. ..being always busy in acquiring Adhyaatm Gyaan; and seeing Paramaatmaa only as
a result of Tattwa Gyaan - this all is called Gyaan; and whatever is opposite to
this is called Agyaan. It is said so.
12. Whoever is worth knowing and after knowing which a man gets Paramaanand (ultimate happiness), I will tell you that now. That, which has no beginning - Param Brahm, is called neither Sat nor A-Sat.
13. He has his hands and feet, eyes, head, mouths, and ears all over, because He is
stable, still present in everything.
14. He knows the subjects of all Indriyaan, but in reality He is without all Indriyaan; and in spite of being detached is holding and nurturing everything; and in spite of being without attributes enjoys all pleasures.
15. He dwells inside as well as outside of all beings. He is movable, as well as immovable. Because of being subtle He is invisible, and only He dwells near as well as far.
16. That Paramaatmaa, in spite of being indivisible like space, seems divided among all beings. And that worth knowing Paramaatmaa maintains all beings assuming the form of Vishnu, destroys assuming the form of Rudra, and creates assuming the form of Brahmaa.
17. That Parbrahm is said to be the light of all lights (see also Geetaa, 15/12) and beyond Maayaa. The same Paramaatmaa Himself is knowledge, and worth knowing; and dwells in everybody's heart.
18. Thus Kshetra (5-6), Gyaan (7-11), and worth knowing Paramaatmaa's Swaroop (form) (12-17) was told. My Bhakt attains to my Swaroop after knowing it through Tattwa.
19. Know Prakriti and Purush as without beginning, and love and jealousy etc Vikaar and three Gunee materials born from Prakriti.
20. Prakriti is the cause of Kaarya (5 elements+5 Tanmaatraa) and Karan; and Jeevaatmaa is said to be the consumer of all pleasures and sorrows.
21. The same Purush who dwells in Prakriti, enjoys three Gunee materials; and these three Gun are the cause for this Jeevaatmaa to be born in higher and lower Yoni (species).
22. Whoever Aatmaa dwells in this body, He is the same as Paramaatmaa. Because of witnessing He is seer; because of advising He is worth obeying; because of maintaining and nurturing He is Bhartaa; being Jeev He is enjoyer; being the Lord of Brahmaa etc He is Maheshwar (Shiv); and being pure He is called Paramaatmaa.
23. Thus who knows Purush like this and Prakriti along with Gun by Tattwa*; he is
never born again in spite of doing all kinds of Karm.
24. Many people see that Paramaatmaa in their hearts by pure subtle Buddhi through meditation (see Geetaa, 6/11-32 for details); many other see Him through Gyaan Yog (see Geetaa, 2/11-30 for details); and many others see Him through Karm Yog (see Geetaa, 2/40-72 for details) - means attain Him.
25. But the others who are of low level people, do not know this and worship only by hearing from other people. Those good listeners also get certainly across this world sea.
26. Hey Bhaarat, whoever living beings, movable or immovable, are born, they are all born by the joining of Kshetra and Kshetragya.
27. Whoever sees immortal Parameshwar alike in all mortal bodies, the same sees the truth.
28. Because who sees immortal Parameshwar alike in all immortal bodies, he does not destroy himself by himself, that is how he gets Param Gati
29. And who sees all Karm done by Prakriti only, and sees Aatmaa as "not doer", only he sees the truth.
30. He gets Brahm at the same moment, the moment he sees the different natures of different beings established in one Paramaatmaa, and all beings as the extension of the same Paramaatmaa.
31. Hey Kaunteya, Because of being without beginning and Nir-Gun, this immortal Paramaatmaa, in spite of living inside the body, neither does anything nor attaches [himself] to anything
32. As Space is omnipresent still it is not attached [to anything] because of being subtle; in the same way this Aatmaa is omnipresent [in this body] but because of being Nir-Gun it does not attached to any of the attribute of the body.
33. Hey Bhaarat, As only one Soorya gives light to the whole Universe; in the same way only one Aatmaa gives light (means life) to the whole body.
34. Who know the difference of Kshetra and Kshetragya* thus through Gyaan, and their
Aatmaa is free from Karm and Prakriti, only they get Paramaatmaa. ..........
End of Chapter 34 - Kshetra-Kshetragya Vibhaag Yog
Created by Sushma Gupta On 5/27/04
Modified on 09/17/11