(1) Who is Vishnu?
Vishnu is one of the three main Devtaa - Brahmaa, Vishnu and Shiv. He is
responsible for the preservation of the Creation.
(2) What is the name of Vishnu's consort?
Her name is Lakshmee.
(3) Why Tulasee is so dear to Vishnu that He does not accept any Naivedya
without its leaves?
Read the story of Tulasee
(4) How many Avataar in all Vishnu has taken till now?
23, the 24th one (Kalki) is yet to come.
(5) Why Lakshmee is dressed in red?
Red symbolizes activity and the golden lining indicates prosperity. Lakshmee is
the active energy of Vishnu, and also appears as Lakshmee-Naaraayan - Lakshmee
accompanying Vishnu. The golden border of her dress represents prosperity.
(6) Who gave Sudarshan Chakra to Vishnu?
Shiv gave the Chakra to Him. Read the full story
(7) Why Vishnu has a foot mark on His chest?
This mark is the foot mark of Maharshi Bhrigu. Read this story in full
(8) Why Vishnu Lives in Vaikunth Dhaam?
Bhaagvat Puraan, 8/3, "The 5th Manvantar was the Raivat Manvantar.
Raivat was the real brother of the fourth Manu Taamas (son of Priyavrat). He
had several sons - named Arjun, Bali, Vindhya etc. Indra's name was Vibhuh then
and Bhootaraya etc were chief Gan of Indra. Hiranyaromaa, Vedshiraa, Oordhwabaahu
etc were Sapt Rishi. Among them was a Rishi named Shubhra. His wife's name was
Vikunthaa who gave birth to Hari Avataar named Vaikunth. Vaikunth created Vaikunth
Dhaam to please Lakshmee Jee that is why He lives there. It is the best Lok among
(8) Shiv Jee is Bholenaath. He bestows any boon to anybody and then gets in
trouble and then Vishnu has to save him. In which cases Vishnu has freed him
from his this boon trouble?