|Ved and Geetaa|
Ved and Geetaa
Here are some statements from Ved, to be compared with Bhagvad Geetaa ---
(1) Bhagvad Geetaa speaks much about after death, whereas Ved minimize the details about after death.
(2) Ved never mention Castes (4 castes) which are chosen by profession after birth and not pre-ordained - occasionally 4 Aashram are mentioned. In Ved, no religion, no caste, no sect. Ved do not mention the 4+4 Varn and Aashram.
(3) In Ved, Rishi live for 100s of years with their wives, never a Rishi left his wife. There is no Vaanprasth or Sanyaas Aashram. This is one difference between Ved and Bhagvad Geetaa, Bhagavat, other Puraan.
(4) Ved speak about united action, living together, doing Havissu for pleasing the God, to get rains, good crops, enjoying, Sat Santaan and finally reaching or attaining Moksh.
(5) Ved do not speak about Jagame Maya, Anta Maya, and never ask humans not to enjoy.
(6) Ved do not mention the names of Gods (that we popularly pray to and we have temples for these gods, even Vrat and festivals on them are also abundant). Ved never say any God (including Raam, Krishn, Shiv, Narasinh, Brahmaa) to be No 1 or No 2 god. There is no word like Krishn, Shiv, Brahmaa in Ved but there are Paramehwar, Sarva Antaryaamee, Purushottam like words used for God. In Ved, the terminology for God is Omniscient, Parameshwar, Sarva Antaryaamee.
(7) There are many Shlok taken from Ved for Sandhyaa Vandan, e.g. "Aapo
Hishtaa Mayo Bhuvah Stutomaya Varad Ved Matha.
(8) Ved speak about living together, helping others, serving others, in brief "Sahanaa Bhavatu, Sahanau Bhunaktu... Mavidwishaavahi". It is full of Yagya or emphasizing Yagya, praying God for rains, good crops, wealth, energy, Sat Santaan, and after enjoying Moksh. Invoking Karm results is rare. Invoking Karm Philosophy, Chain of births and deaths of the same person to enjoy Punya and Sins of the last bodily activities" are not observed or rather not emphasized. Ved are neutral on Karm philosophy while they are repeatedly preached in Bhagvad Geetaa.
(9) Karm are not found in Ved.
(10) Ved are not only with various Mantra for Yagya, various Karm, but also about common life, institutions and sciences. They describe the duties of a King, Raajneeti, institution of marriage, various natural sciences, Arth Shaastra, sociology, ethics, Poojaa etc
(11) Ved contain roughly all the knowledge and wisdom of all sciences in embryonic shape .
Created by Sushma Gupta on 3/15/06
Updated on 09/02/12