2. Always must I carry my duties, "If I do so, I must be entitled to pray to live for a thousand years. There is no path other than (than the performance of the duty) Yet I should not get attached to the fruits of my actions.
9. Persons who perform acts of the world, but do not know God, are in darkness; yet in greater darkness are those who keep busy in seeking to know God while neglecting their other duties.
10. The wise sages have clearly explained to us that righteous actions on the one hand, and spiritual knowledge on the other, have their own results.
11. One who does not have spiritual knowledge, but who performs righteous actions in life crosses over the present life successfully. If he also had knowledge, he would attain immortality.
Recluses and Indulgers
13. Those who follow the extremes, of either denying world or being totally immersed in pleasure seeking, end up differently from those who do not follow either of these extremes, so the wise sages tell us.
14. Those who gain the wisdom of realizing that denying the world is destructive and that being too engrossed in the pleasures of the world is evil, gain immortality.
15. The entrance leading to the path of Truth is hidden from view by the
curtain gold (material attractions). May the curtain be removed, so that
I, the worshipper of the Truth, am enabled to see the Supreme Truth.
17. When my breath leaves the body and my body is reduced to ashes, the deeds done during my life time will be remembered by my soul as it goes to the Immortal Supreme for dispensation.
Created by Sushma Gupta on 3/15/05
Updated on 02/16/13