Remember these seven vital points
(1) Sensual pleasure is momentary, deceptive, illusory and imaginary.
(2) A mustard of pleasure is mixed with a mountain of pain.
(3) Enjoyment cannot bring about satisfaction of a desire. On the contrary it
makes the mind more restless after enjoyment through intense craving (Trishnaa and Vaasanaa).
(4) Sensual pleasure is an enemy of Brahma-Gyaan
(5) Sensual pleasure is the cause for birth and death.
(6) This body is nothing but a mass of flesh, bone, and all sorts of filth.
(7) Place before the mind the fruits of Self-realization or life in the soul or
Brahm or the Eternal, such as Immortality, Eternal bliss, Supreme peace and
Infinite knowledge. If you remember the seven points always, the mind will be
weaned from the cravings for sensual pleasures. Vairaagya, Vivek and Mumukshatwa
(dispassion, discrimination from the real and the unreal, and keen longing for
liberation from birth and death) will dawn. You should seriously look into the
defects of sensual life (Dosh-Drishti) and into the unreal nature of worldly
Read this once daily as soon as you get up from the bed.
(1) What have you to do with wealth? What have you to do with relatives? How
shall your wife bestead you? All should surely die. Seek the immortal Aatmaa
hidden in the cave within your heart.
(2) Continue your Saadhanaa without any interruption. Saadhanaa is your best friend.
(3) If you want God, you must turn your back to worldly enjoyments.
(4) Give up sensual life, if you do not want death.
(5) Wish good to all beings. This will enrich your life and make you happy and peaceful.
(6) Religion is living in God. It is not mere discussion about God.
(7) Religion consists in doing good to others, in the practice of love, mercy,
truthfulness and purity in all walks of life.
(8) Be good. Do good. Serve, love, give, purify, meditate, realize. This is the
religion of Shiv. This is the religion of the members of the Divine Life Society.
(9) Live in peace and harmony with your neighbors and fellowmen.
(10) Bear enmity to none. Do not vex others, and do not be vexed by others.
(11) Forget and forgive. You will have peace. You, will become divine.
(12) If any one proves to be faithless to you, be faithful to him always.
(13) Love all. Be one with all. See the One in all.
(14) Greet everyone as the Lord Himself. Feel the presence of the Lord everywhere.
(15) Try your best to make others, as well as yourself, better, wise and happy.
(16) Spiritualize all your activities.
(17) If you are truthful and pure in your daily life, you will inherit the Kingdom of God.
(18). Soak your life with remembrance of Lord. Dedicate your all to Him. See Him in everyone.
(19) Do Jap. Sing Keertan. Do charity. Practice meditation. Realize Aatmik
Bliss. May God bless you.
(20) All are manifestation of the Lord. It is a shameful slur on you if you bear
a grudge or ill-will towards anybody.
(22) Do not hate the evil-hearted, the jealous and the selfish. It is they who promote your salvation.
(23) Disharmony of thought, word and deed is the cause for all troubles miseries
and quarrels in this world.
(24) During illness, detach yourself from body. Connect the mind with the Buddhi and Soul
"As you think, so do you become." Therefore, assert you are healthy. Disease will
take to its heels.
(Voice of the Himalayas)