Shishu Sansaar | Thoughts
Do you have a friend? You must have a friend. But how will you say that somebody is your friend? Read the followings and test him or her on these criteria. But be careful, if they do not pass this test, don't discard them. Don't wholly judge him or her on these criteria.
A friend is a loving companion at all times, and a brother is born
to share troubles.
A friend may stick closer than a brother.
A faithful friend is beyond price, his worth is more than money can buy.
Do not dessert an old friend, a new one is not worth as much.
A new friend is like new wine, you do not enjoy drinking it until it
Old Friends are Gold! New Friends are Diamond! If you get a Diamond, don't forget the Gold! Because to hold a Diamond, you always need a base of Gold!.
A friend will be sure to act the part of an advocate before he will
assume that of a judge.
No man is useless who has a friend, and if we are loved we are indispensable.
Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
Friendship is like a Book. It takes few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write.
Friendship is not a business where you give when you get.
"If friendship is your weakest point then you are the strongest
person in the world."
The world's best friends never have the same nature
Everyone has a 'best friend' during each stage of life
The best kind of friends,
The following rules are not very rigid to be a friend but may help to identify a friend and to act as a friend.
1. A simple friend has never seen you cry. While a real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears.
2. A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names. While a real friend has their phone numbers in his address book.
3. A simple friend brings a bottle of wine to your party. While a real friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.
4. A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems. While a real friend seeks to help you with your problems.
5. A simple friend wonders about your romantic history. While a real friend could blackmail you with it.
6. A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest. While a real friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself.
7. A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you HAVE an argument. While a real friend calls you after you had a fight with him.
8. A simple friend expects you to always be there for him. While a real friend expects to always be there for you!
Created by Sushma Gupta on May 27, 2001
Modified on 06/06/13